The Website Accessibility Statement is set out below. The full testing report carried out in February 2021 can be accessed here: https://eastfarndon.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Website-Accessibility-Report-February-2021.pdf
Accessibility statement for https://eastfarndon.org/parish-council/
This website is run by East Farndon Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
- There are site links at the top of each webpage; you are forced to tab through each item individually every time a new page is opened and this cannot be skipped.
- Content is usable when you zoom in, but the content does not reformat in an accessible way as you need to use both the horizontal and vertical navigation scroll.
- The website has navigation categories that break up the content by theme, but does not offer any other form of navigation, such as a search bar or site map.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format:
- email email@example.com
- call 01858 466150
We’ll consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the Parish Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
East Farndon Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the reasons.
- Content is usable when you zoom in, but the content does not reformat in an accessible way as you need to use both the horizontal and vertical navigation scroll
- Content is usable when using the keyboard only. However, there are site links on the top of the webpage and when using the keyboard only, you are forced to tab through each item individually every time a new page is opened and this cannot be skipped
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
All non-compliance is judged to be a disproportionate burden (see below).
- The website does not offer any other form of navigation, such as a search bar or site map. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1 (Bypass Blocks)
- Content is usable when you zoom in, but the content does not reformat in an accessible way as you need to use both the horizontal and vertical navigation scroll This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.4 (Resize text)
- There are site links on the top the webpage; when using a keyboard only, you are forced to tab through each item individually every time a new page is opened and this cannot be skipped This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.2 (No Keyboard Trap)
We’ve assessed the cost of fixing the issues with navigation and accessing information. We believe that doing so now would be a disproportionate burden within the meaning of the accessibility regulations. We will make another assessment should the Parish Council be required to change its web hosting arrangements.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested in February 2021. The test was carried out by the Parish Clerk and Councillor Curtis.
As the website is relatively small, and the pages use a similar format, all pages were checked for at least one aspect of accessibility.
We tested our main website platform, available at: https://eastfarndon.org/parish-council/ and its subpages.
You can read the full accessibility test report via this link: (insert link).
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We have already made some improvements to our website, such as:
- Improving the accessibility of our PDF documents
- Ensuring all the webpages are explicit that the documents can be accessed via links
Going forward, we will avoid the use of scanned-in documents as far as possible and ensure our PDF documents are as accessible as possible.
This statement was prepared on 4 February 2021. It was last updated on 4 February 2021.