The East Farndon Church Gates have gone missing – why?

The church gates are part of the village’s World War II memorial and were installed in 1948. Unfortunately, over the years they have fallen into a poor state of repair and are in need of a full restoration. Thanks to the generosity of the village, sufficient funds were raised from the war memorial renovation project to allow this work to be carried out as well.

The gates were removed on October 9th 2023 and the renovation is expected to take approximately 4 weeks to complete, so we should be seeing them back in place soon!