In April 2022, the planning application from the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) to build a new prison at Gartree was discussed and rejected by the Harborough District Council (HDC) Planning Committee.
The MOJ is now appealling against this decision, and therefore local groups are coming together once again to object in the strongest possible terms to these plans.
East Farndon Parish Council (EFPC) are supporting our neighbouring Parish Councils. A group, know as the Gartree Action Group (GAG), has been registered under Rule 6. This gives an opportunity to take part in the appeal process in a more structured way than as an interested party.
The Statement of Case for the appeal is being prepared with the help of a barrister and a planning consultant. The costs are likely to be in the order of £25,000 and Lubenham and Foxton Parish Councils have set aside sums of money to help with costs, but cannot meet the full amount.
If you would like to help with these costs, you can Donate / Pledge in the following ways,
- With a cheque made out to Lubenham Parish Council
- Via the Go Fund Me page, Fundraiser for Lubenham Parish Council by Gartree Action : Gartree Action (gofundme.com) but please be aware that this does take 2.9% of every donation.
- Pay directly into the Lubenham Parish Council bank account, Sort Code 20.49.08 Barclays Market Harborough, Account Number 70594180, Account Holder :Lubenham Parish Council, Clearly Marked ‘Gartree Action’
- Pledges for larger amounts by email to firstname.lastname@example.org where money will then be drawn down when it is needed.
You can Object Directly by communicating with the planning inspectorate either,
- by registering online at Planning Inspectorate
- writing letters – 3 copies must be sent to Planning Inspectorate Room 3/26, Temple Quay House, 2 The Square, Temple Quay, Bristol, BS1 6PN
- by emailing email@example.com
Note that all letters and emails must include name and address and the appeal number APP/F2415/W/22/3300227 or they will be ignored.
If you have any questions or comments, please email our Parish Clerk, Caroline Burton, or you can comment on this website via the text box below.