Your contributions are very much appreciated, but please keep donating.
Food drop-off points continue to be either 4 Rectory Court or Mill House, Main Street (just above the war memorial on the opposite side). You will find a box on the porch outside each house where you can deposit your food donations.
The Jubilee Foodbank have requested that we push for the donation of specific items as they have a number of critical stock outs. Please can residents do their best to donate the following. Note that all food collected is non-perishable, long-life or tinned.
Every week, the Jubilee Foodbank pick up from us early on a Tuesday morning. They are specific about the type of food they will accept and so please see the list below, or visit their website to see the latest wanted list. Click on Shopping List – Jubilee Foodbank Market Harborough.
We will continue to keep everyone up to date with progress via this Website and the village Facebook page.
MOST NEEDED – URGENT
- Tinned carrots
- Tinned chicken in white sauce
- Fray Bentos pies
- Rice (500g packs)
- Sandwich paste in small jars
- Tinned tomatoes
- Tinned Ham
- Corned beef
We are also short of:
- Tinned peas
- Smash–powdered mash potato
- Tinned rice pudding
- Tinned fruit
- Pasta sauce
- Tinned red meat such as bolognaise or stewed beef
- Sugar (small bags–500g)
- Tinned custard
- UHT juice or bottles of squash
- Baked beans: after a long time saying we have too many, we now need a few more.
- Jars of curry sauce to go with rice
- UHT Semi-Skimmed milk
- Tinned Potatoes
- Tinned meatballs
- Used, clean and strong carrier bags/’Bags for life’
We don’t currently need:
- Other beans (chickpeas, red kidney beans, etc)
- Tinned sweetcorn