East Farndon Parish Council (“the Council”) hereby invites quotes for the carrying out of the service of grass cutting as follows:
- Prospective Contractors should provide quotations on the following basis:
- The mowing of the Churchyard and Burial Ground at St John the Baptist Church, East Farndon, to include strimming around all headstones, flower beds and boundaries.
- The mowing of the village green (the small triangle of land opposite the entrance to the Church).
- The Contractor will be responsible for collecting grass cuttings and disposing of them.
2. Frequency of work
- At least 2 cuts per month commencing in the March and finishing towards the end of October.
- Additional cuts may be necessary, depending on the length of the grass (weather dependent)
- In the event that the works are not carried out within 7 days of the agreed cutting dates (weather and ground conditions permitting), then the Council will consider that there has been a breach of Contract, for which the Council may seek remedy.
- No cutting of grass should take place on a Sunday, Good Friday or a Bank Holiday.
3. Workmanship and Equipment
- The workmanship must be of an acceptable standard, which will be verified by a Council member on the first cut of the season. The Contractor is responsible for providing all relevant equipment and maintaining it to a good, safe and legal standard in order to carry out the works.
- The Contractor is required to have professional insurance and Public Liability insurance. The Contractor shall indemnify the Council against any claim or proceedings for any injury or damage to any property or persons or animals, as a result of negligence, poor workmanship or failure to notify the Council of any action likely to cause injury or damage to a third party.
5. Health and Safety
- The Contractor shall accept full responsibility for compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1999 and all other Acts and Regulations in respect of the work comprised in this Contract.
6. Duration of Contract
- The duration of the Contract will be one year from the date of this Contract. There will be no opportunity to alter the rates tendered during the year. At the conclusion of the one year, the Contract may be renewed provided that the parties to the Contract are in agreement with any amended terms.
7. Termination of Contract
- Either party may, without reason, terminate the Contract in writing, giving two months notice.
- The prices submitted should specify a price exclusive of VAT, any VAT applicable and the total.
- Prospective Contractors should ensure that they are completely familiar with the nature and extent of the obligation to be accepted by them, if their quotation is accepted.
10. Decision Making
- Prospective Contractors should note that the Council is not bound to accept the lowest quotation and that the Council’s decision is final.
- Any queries should be addressed to the Parish Clerk. Quotations need to be received by 31st October 2021 by the Parish Clerk, Ivy House, Main Street, East Farndon Market Harborough LE16 9SH (email@example.com).
A pdf version of this Invitation for Quotation can be accessed by clicking the link below.